Did you know EdGlenToday.com is free for you thanks to our awesome advertisers? We noticed you're using an ad block software. Help us spread the word and give our sponsors some exposure by disabling your ad blocking service for Riverbender.com.
6654 Edwardsville Crossing Suite C Edwardsville, IL 62025
Edward Jones was established by Edward David Jones Sr. in 1922.
· First office was in downtown St. Louis.
· In 1948, Mr. Jones's son, Ted, became the firm's 18th broker. He was one of the original Tuesday-through-Thursday or TNT brokers who traveled their territories during the week before returning to the home office in St. Louis on Friday.
· In 1957, the firm hired the first broker to work in the rural community of Mexico, MO. The idea was revolutionary and led to our current one financial advisor and one branch office administrator branch offices.
· By 1980, the firm consisted of 304 branch offices.
Edward Jones Today
· Edward Jones currently has more branch offices that any other brokerage firm in the country. The firm also has an international reach in Canada.
· We have more than 10,000 branch offices in all 50 states and over 500 branch locations in Canada.
· The firm is committed to both our clients and our associates as evidenced by our recognitions and accolades.
o December 2013 – For the 19th time, Edward Jones was Ranked No. 1 in WealthManagement.com/REP. Magazine's annual survey of the nation's six largest financial services firms.
o April 2013 – Rated "Highest in Employee Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" by J.D. Power and Associates.
o February 2014 – For the 15th year, Edward Jones was named one of the best companies to work for by FORTUNE Magazine in its annual listing.
o June 2012 – Named the No. 1 full-service brokerage firm by SmartMoney magazine. The magazine lauded the firm for its reputation for excellent client service and stock-picking.
What Makes Us Unique
· Firm serves just one client; the serious, long-term, individual investor.
· Investment philosophy emphasizes quality and a well-balanced portfolio.
· Relationships are key.
· Edward Jones is employee-owned. Structure generates a feeling of responsibility in our employees to do their best and take pride in there work.
Our Key Steps to Financial Success
· Edward Jones' financial advisors work to provide solutions that help individuals pursue their serious, long-term financial objectives, including:
o Preparing for Retirement, Living in Retirement, Paying for Education, Preparing for the Unexpected, Preparing Your Estate or Inheritance
· Branch teams help you work toward these goals by following a five-step process.
o Where am I today?
o Where would I like to be?
o Can I get there?
o How do I get there?
o How do I stay on track?
· Although diversification does not guarantee a profit or protect against loss, our philosophy is to: Buy quality, invest for the long-term and diversify.