Caramel Hot Chocolate
posted by: vrcoolbaugh
- 2 cups milk, preferably whole
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (I recommend Ghirardelli)*
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce, recipe link follows
- Sweetened whipped cream or vanilla marshmallows
- Grated chocolate for garnish, optional
- Caramel Sauce, recipe and step by step tutorial HERE (just leave the salt out if you don't want salted)
- Prepare caramel sauce according to directions listed and allow to cool slightly. Heat milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once milk is warm, stir in chocolate chips and caramel, and cook whisking constantly until chocolate has melted. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm topped, topped with sweetened whipped cream or miniature marshmallows, drizzle each serving with 1 Tbsp caramel sauce and garnish with grated chocolate if desired.
- *For a richer hot chocolate, you can use up to 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips and mix in more caramel sauce as well if desired.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy
About this Recipe: