- 4-8 cup butter lettuce, chopped (I use 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil + parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 ears , kernels removed from the cob
- 1 1/2 cups tom-tom tomates, halved
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries or blueberries
- 1 peach, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded + chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, also called garbanzo beans (or one 14 oz can rinsed + drained)
- 1/2 cup mixed toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas), pecans, walnuts, and pistachios
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, pitted + chopped
- 4-6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
In a large bowl combine the butter lettuce, basil, parsley, thyme, grilled corn, tom-tom tomates, red pepper, blackberries or blueberries, peach, jalapeño and chickpeas.
In another small bowl or glass jar combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, chipotle chili powder, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
Once ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Add the avocado and goat cheese and gently toss once more. Serve.