1 (10 ounce) can pizza dough (Pillsbury)
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
parmesan cheese, for topping (Kraft 100%)
1 (15 ounce) can tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried ground thyme
1. Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
2. Unroll dough from tube onto cutting board.
3. Cut dough into 8 even strips.
4. Place each strip on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes until just golden brown.
5. While the dough is baking, melt the butter add the garlic salt, stirring until dissolved.
6. Remove the baked dough strips from the oven and brush with garlic butter.
7. Sprinkle each strip with Parmesan cheese.
8. Serve with sauce.
9. For sauce: all the ingredients in an uncovered saucepan over medium heat.
10. When the sauce begins to bubble, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often.
11. Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool.
12. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator; it will keep for 3 to 4 weeks.
13. Makes 1 1/2 cups.