10 hard boiled eggs
About 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Put the eggs in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, cool the eggs with running cold water.
- Peel the eggs, then cut them in half. Put the yolks in a separate bowl. It doesn't matter if the yolks turn a little darker around the outside--that happens when the eggs aren't cooled thoroughly right after cooking.
- Make the colors just as you would easter egg dye.
- A teaspoonful of cider vinegar in each glass helps.
- I used about 3 drops of food coloring in each glass.
- Take the eggs out when they're a pretty pastel color.
- Mix the yolks, mayonaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Spoon mixture into colored eggs, sprinkle with paprika, and serve.